In the Manor, as is known, the main part of architectural ensemble is the park. The area of an English park of the Manor for today is about 15 hectares and its first creator was a certain Englishman Piggam.
For the past three years the mail landscape works were done to the anniversary of the Manor: clearing of the park, drainage on glades was done, more than 1000 trees and bushes were transplanted, all the old trees were cured, paths of the park were restored according to the Manor’s plan of 1845.
Cascade of ponds with weirs was recreated. The place where grotto was situated (which was created perhaps in memory of foundation of the Manor) is survived. On the Esakov’s painting there is a date on the grotto – 1813, - it may be that it’s the date of the creation of the grotto.
In spring of 2009 huge oak which was planted on September, 15 of 1832 in front of the stone building of the Manor fell cause of lightning stroke. On its place we transplanted a ground oak that possibly rose from the acorn of the near-standing old tree.
The English park in the Maryino found its soul – fourteen-meters-high column of water in the middle of the Big Pond shot up in the sky and added a special liveliness and motion to the park.
The Fountain placed by Galina Stepanova as a park piece of fun tied itself to the homeland of the fountains Versailles and become for us “New Peterhof”. Guests from Norway, Bulgaria and Ropsha (the village of Leningrad Region), that were visiting Maryino on the occasion of their parents birthday, weren’t leaving the park till the midnight and just watching at the changing of colors.. It’s always pleasant to amaze and give joy to people.